The adrenal glands are of high importance for the entire body. These small layered glands reside on top of your kidneys. In fact, they are important for healthy kidney function and the production of hormones – particularly stress hormones and sex hormones (estrogen and testosterone).
The adrenal glands release several hormones, like steroids and adrenaline. These hormones improve the metabolic rate, strengthen the immunity, and regulate blood pressure. They also help the body to manage stress, so problems with their release lead to numerous health issues.
Adrenal fatigue leads to lower levels of a number of hormones that can affect every single part of your body. Left unattended, adrenal fatigue can lead to adrenal insufficiency.
Some of the signs of adrenal fatigue include:
- Hair loss
- Poor sleep
- Brittle nails and/or dry skin
- Chronic body and emotional fatigue
- Brain fog and memory loss
- Body aches or chronic muscle pain
- Anxiety and depression
- Blurry vision
- Heart palpitations
- Low blood pressure
- Low sex drive
- Muscle weakness
- Thyroid problems
- Uterine fibroids
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
The following natural homemade recipe with Brazilian walnuts will help you support the function of the adrenal gland, and here is how to prepare it.
- 2/3 cup Brazilian walnuts
- 2/3 cup dried parsley leaves
- 4 tablespoons pure natural honey
- 5 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger root
- 1/3 cup raisins
You should blend the dried parsley leaves and Brazilian walnuts into a blender and then add the honey, coconut oil. raisins, and ginger. Blend until you get a homogeneous mixture.
Additional tips to keep your Adrenal glands healthy:
- Avoid caffeine
- Reduce or eliminate alcohol
- Ditch the sweets
- Stop using microwave oven
- Avoid hydrogenated oils (canola, corn, and soy oil)
- Drink more water